Los Angeles Skin Cancer -
Basal cell carcinoma is the most common type of skin cancer. This type of skin cancer is non-melanoma and the least dangerous type of cancer because it is easily treated and doesn? spread as much as other types of skin cancer. However, the biggest risk is the strong possibility of recurrence within five years or damage to the surrounding bone and tissue that can result from not removing the cancer in time. Our skin cancer doctors in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles perform basal cell carcinoma surgery, melanoma excision and provide squamous cell skin cancer treatment.
Causes of Skin Cancer
The primary cause of skin cancer is exposure to the sun? ultraviolet radiation. Other contributing factors that can influence skin cancer include therapeutic radiation, immunosuppressant drugs, chemical toxins and genetic factors. When left untreated, it can burrow into the skin, muscle and bone. Early intervention with skin cancer doctors in Los Angeles can prevent the spread.
Skin Cancer Treatments in Los Angeles
• Complete surgical removal is the safest treatment method for this type of Los Angeles skin cancer
• Radiation can be used to maintain local spread of skin cancer by Los Angeles skin cancer doctors
• Cryotherapy (freezing)
• Topical creams can sometimes be used for early basal cell carcinoma skin cancer treatment in Beverly Hills
• Fluorouracil (trade names Efudex and Carac)
• Imiquimod (trade name Aldara)
Please browse our website to learn more about skin cancer and skin cancer treatment in Los Angeles. Contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation to discuss basal cell carcinoma surgery, melanoma excision or squamous cell skin cancer treatment options.